<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Screwed up!!! 

I'd applied for a job with ICICI Lombard Insurance a couple of days back.
Had the first round of interview on this saturday, in which, without any hassles, got thru. At that time they'd said the final round will be close to 26th or 28th April. So chill!

Today evening when I was in a lecture when someone actually called me up to say - "Arey! Kahan hai? Tere interview ka time aane waala hai!

:O
:O
:O

Ran back to the hostel to gather all the required stuff, got dressed up properly in no time ... somehow managed to get there Just-in-time (I'm sure management ppl would realize the gravity of the JIT concept .. Lolz)

Anyhow, this is not the thing worthy enuf to be quoted.
When my turn came, I entered to see 5 ppl sitting in a very cosy kinda atmosphere (altho I realized very soon that the chairs there weren't comfortable enuf. So much for my concentration during the interview ... Lolz)
From the very first question I could figure out that the guy (interviewer) sitting next to me on the left had developed some ill feelings for me from the time t=0 (Ok! Ok! I have no better way to explain it). Through-out the interview he tried his level best to corner me on something or the other and I'd, purely unintentionally(???), turn him down thru my reply :o(

A couple of excerpts from my interview:

[I] Hostile Interviewer: Why did u think of joining ICICI?
Poor me!: At this very instance only you had the job-offerings. Quite evidently I came up for your job.

[II] Hostile Interviewer: Why do u wanna join ICICI when you already have been offered a much higher package in ****?
Poor me!: *Other than the bright prospects etc. shit* I'll atleast take this job offer and then decide amongst the two. I'm sure you'll offer me more than what you're offering right now. I'd prefer a good balance between the job profile and the money offered. And now if you say, you'd be offering me the travel expense and PHONE BILL, then that's quite an offer to give a consideration.
[Remarkably, they'd seen me smsing all the time and talking on phone thruout while my turn for the interview had come as the last candidate ... Lolz!]

[III] Hostile Interviewer: You don't mind going to any place if we send you to any location?
Poor me!: Although I'd prefer the metros, but even big cities like Pune or Baroda would do *And a smile saying - "See how adjustable I am!"*

I screwed up big time, no wonders, yeah? Result is expected tomoro, but I've no expectations. (As per the watch, today).

Note: Oh! I love the Dreamplan in AIRTEL Prepaid. Have coaxed most of my frnds arnd to get it activated, and so, their cellphones become PCO for me after 9pm ... Lol! The money incurred even after hourly talks is sooo less, they don't ask for money back ... Lolollolz!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.